What’s going on
by Björn Axén
I’m working on several things that are relevant for this site at the moment but none is near to be finished so it will probably take a while before anything new is published.
- New numbers based on Hurrian instead of Svartiska.
- A summary of the Land of Shadow-dialect (LoS) of Neo-black speech. It was more difficult than I thought. Both because LoS is much more developed and complex than Svartiska (and of course I already know the Svartiska grammar) but also because the description of LoS is quite difficult to overview, hence my need for a summary. I see it as an opportunity to learn LoS-grammar and be inspired for my own dialect.
- A comparison of Svartiska and LoS based on the Black Speech School version of LoS.
- An English wordlist for Zhâburi A.
- The development of Zhâburi follows two/several lines: first I’m trying out the grammar with a lot of test sentences; and this means that I need words for my grammar testing so I at the same time I’ve coined new words from Primitive Elvish (PE) and Etymologies. But this is a really slow process so I’m thinking of using Svartiska and LoS words for my grammar testing and move more slowly in the word creation process. Which leads to the next:
- I have always imagined that the Black Speech is mostly based on an orcish Language that developed from some kind of PE (See this page). So my idea is to develop a base vocabulary for Zhâburi B directly from PE. I’m now returning to my old idea of first develop, or really just sketch, this primitive Orcish – or Angband orcish – because I imagine that the orcs under Morgoth were united but scattered after the War of Wrath.
- Of course I also need to update several pages because of the changes of the pronouns.